Inside the tooth is a dental pulp. The dental pulp is the deepest layer of tooth structure consisting of blood vessels and sensitive nerves. A toothache occurs when the pulp is inflamed. Causes of inflammation can vary, including:
– Tooth decay (this condition is often caused by the surface of cavities).
– The buildup of pus in the tooth base due to bacterial infection (periapical abscess).
– Gum shrinkage.
– Teeth cracked.
– Poor filling (on teeth once patched).
In addition to dental pulp inflammation, there are a number of other conditions that can cause pain symptoms resembling toothache, including:
– Periodontal abscess.
– Injury to the temporomandibular joint (the joint that connects the jaw with the skull).
– Swelling of the gums or gums ruptures as teeth grow.
Should see a doctor if you experience a toothache to find out the cause and can be treated appropriately. One of the best dentists you can visit is dentist marietta.